black diamond express train to hell album preview

Having become used to the instanteneousness of blogging—of putting something out into the world and receiving almost immediate feedback—projects that need more time unsung have started making me twitchier than usual.  But what is that saying about good things and those who wait?

We’ve all had ants in our pants about finishing the second Black Diamond album.  It took us forever to find a date to record, and despite all that forever we spent finding dates, we were still frantically finishing songs at the very last minute.  Luckily, last minute is how I roll, and some of our new songs are my favorites yet.  The album will include ten original songs, give or take one that we royally botched in the studio and might not include.

A friend of ours is going to be putting out the tenatively titled Around My Grave Sing Songs of Joy on CD and vinyl, and everything should be all finished by summer at the latest, fingers crossed real tight.  Thing is we haven’t finished mixing and mastering just yet.  But a few songs are polished just enough to share, even if they aren’t as they will be when the dinner bell rings.  I’d love to hear what you think.

If you like what you heard, you can also catch us live at the following dates and places in the next few months:

April 16 // Kultur Kafe, Mainz Uni Campus with Reverend Shine Snake Oil

April 17 // Schlachthof, Wiesbaden with Joey Cape (of former Lagwagon fame), David Hause, and Nessi

May 10 // Geo Wiese, Uni Campus Mainz, Campus Invasion

June 7 // JUZ, Mannheim with Lycka Till

July 4 // Walhalla, Wiesbaden with Morgan O’Kane

July 22 // Holzrock Open Air, Schopfheim

For updates and further concert dates, visit helltrain.info.

Monday April 16th 2012, 9:00 am 5 Comments
Filed under: black diamond express train to hell,conspiracies,music

Hell, anything with a banjo in it gets my tick of approval. I really like that delicate banjo opening to Root and Rise, but my absolute favourite of the five you posted are No Borders but Whisky.

(Wanna come tour the Victorian highlands (Australia)? We’ve got tent pitching space/floor space, good local beer and rowdy/receptive audiences here! And babysitting too…) :)

Comment by Lauren 04.17.12 @ 7:10 am

it’s not my usual tunage, but it’s very cool, even unmastered. maybe I’ll have a chance to catch a show when I’m in your neck of the woods this winter!

Comment by Peter 04.17.12 @ 6:07 pm

I like it alot!!! Of course, I live in Missouri, where folk, bluegrass, it is queen. You have a pretty voice!

Comment by Patty Squirell 04.30.12 @ 5:58 am

Well, I just love you gal. I stumbled on to your “wagen tour” at youtube – little yellow house hosted. Read your story here and it just made me smile. I hope you are doing well. With your energy and lively spirit, I expect you are doing fine. I’m in Texas on a pecan farm and love nature and simple living and adore young people with spark.
Anyways, your music sounds really great–toe tappin’ and terrifically uplifting. Ha, makes me want to get up and clog. I know nothing about recording, but hey, the volume on your voice needs to be raised, as well as the harmonizing voices. You have a wonderful voice, really smooth and strong, but the music overwhelms it just a bit.
So I’m going to donate and order your cd. If you find yourself in a bind, keep my email and let me know. I’m not wealthy, but I can help with further donations. You just seem very worthy–one of those people that makes a person like me happy just knowing they exist.
You keep on keeping on, darling girl.

Comment by Diana 02.07.14 @ 3:44 am

Thanks so much Diana! It is always so wonderful to meet (“meet”) a kindred spirit. Did the donation go through? I haven’t received a notice from paypal. All the best!

Comment by doodle 02.07.14 @ 1:14 pm