spring: too early, and fucking finally

Throw open your windows!  Pack up your coats!  Screw the amputated arm back onto your purple sunglasses and bask in sunlight!  Swear on every single white cherry blossom that, this summer, you will not complain about it being too hot.  (Not even once!)  Chant it with me now: vitamin d, vitamin d, vitamin d!!!

We haven’t lit the wood stove in days, and the good mood is catching.  I came out of the shower yesterday—in a skirt, no jacket, no tights, hair wet—and the air felt so perfect, so pleasant, so warm.  It is the big “ahh” of relief after a long-hoped-for refreshing drink has arrived.  I almost always have a hard time believing it’s really happened, once it comes.  Spring!  Spring spring spring spring spring!  This is me, yelling from the roof tops.

Every time I go outside my mood shoots directly up through the impossibly warm air to the impossibly blue sky.  It probably shouldn’t be this warm in March.  But it is, and I can’t say I’m not enjoying it.

Monday March 26th 2012, 10:00 am 7 Comments
Filed under: conspiracies,daily life,wagenplatz

I’ll join you in the hurrah for spring!
I’ve never been outside so much in my life. It’s been long-awaited. I’m loving going for walks and showing Nookie all the different insects and flowers. Yay for spring!

Comment by Radical Ramblings 03.26.12 @ 3:14 pm

Was going to just write something about how ridiculously warm it is here and how it’s hard to hate global warming right now… but just looked over and saw that Jane managed to reach my shoe from her booster chair on the floor and is filling it with black beans… I knew things were sounding too quiet over there!

Comment by Frugal Vegan Mom 03.26.12 @ 3:56 pm

hooray for spring! here in california everything is blooming too. maybe a bit too early but Ill enjoy the nice weather while it lasts:)

Comment by Sarah Allison 03.26.12 @ 9:37 pm

WOOOOOOOOOO

FVM: I really hope those were dried beans…

Comment by clickclackgorilla 03.27.12 @ 8:41 am

everything is easier when the sun is shining. Yay for Spring and budding trees!!!!

Comment by haveyouseenthisgirl 03.28.12 @ 1:10 pm

Good for you, sounds wonderful! And I’m totally jealous! We’re still experiencing snow and more is supposed to be on its way on the weekend. Sigh. Lovely trees.

Comment by Sara 03.28.12 @ 8:50 pm

have you seen: Oh my god yes it is. Amazing how cold weather makes trivial stuff seem almost impossible to accomplish.

Sara: Oh wow, more snow? Good luck!!!!!

Comment by clickclackgorilla 03.29.12 @ 11:49 am