dumpster find of the week: a sled

Did I get this from Sperrmüll (that’s German for “big trash left out on the curb”) in Frankfurt or in Mainz? I can’t remember now, but I remember being excited to find it. And it’s in perfect condition except one tiny wooden bit that’s been broken off—probably the reason it was tossed in the first place. Well PISHAW. We know how to fix broken little wooden bits, and because we’re willing to do so, we now have a sweet old-school sled. Though I do remember the plastic saucer sleds being more unpredictable and speedy, which is always a plus when you’re a little kid with a quick healing time.

Have you been sledding yet this year?

Read about why I do a “dumpster find of the week” series here. Or check out some of the other treasures I’ve pulled out of the trash here.

Wednesday March 14th 2012, 9:00 am 5 Comments
Filed under: conspiracies,dumpster diving,dumpster finds,freegan

…and here I was thinking you had found yourself a nice baby bathtub and potty set, LOL. I never would have guessed it was a sled. I enjoy hearing all about the new baby!

Comment by Kate 03.14.12 @ 12:23 pm

Kate: HA I am an idiot! Accidentally put a picture of just what you thought instead of the sled picture. Whoops. Have changed it now. :)

Comment by clickclackgorilla 03.14.12 @ 1:44 pm

That is a great way to haul around a sweet baby girl in the snow!

Comment by paula 03.15.12 @ 6:58 am

Paula: Oh hell yeah. If only we’d gotten some damn sled snow this winter. Though I shouldn’t say that just as I’m enjoying the start of spring, the weather might be listening…

Comment by clickclackgorilla 03.15.12 @ 11:01 am

Ah, so that’s what happened. LOL I love that old fashioned type of sled. What a great find!

Comment by Kate 03.15.12 @ 4:27 pm