fame, glory, etc

Yesterday there was an article about me in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung on the first page of the Rhein-Main section. Probably already available in your neighbor’s trash, should you like to take a look.

I don’t think I would like being famous very much. I can barely handle the disturbingly enormous picture of me that accompanies the article. Goodbye any very small chance at anonymity I still had left. Whoops.

Monday April 19th 2010, 9:10 am 8 Comments
Filed under: conspiracies,words, writing

Is there potentially an online version for those of us who are curious yet live in places where German newspapers are not readily available?

Comment by fishinthewater 04.19.10 @ 4:08 pm

Also, who interviewed you? Or at least, who took your picture? What was the article about?

Comment by Jill 04.19.10 @ 9:18 pm

I was so free as to search it.. hope you’re ok with me posting the link here for your fans :)

Comment by hey 04.20.10 @ 9:34 am

bollox, article is locked :(

Comment by hey 04.20.10 @ 9:35 am

hey: Thanks for searching it. Should have thought of that myself. Boo hiss on it being locked so that those farther away or without newspaper access can’t see it.

fishinthewater: Well I guess that answers that question. I can send you a paper copy at some point though.

Jill: A reporter named Alard something or other interviewed me. He contacted me after finding my blog. The article is more or less a short biography of my life, with the focus being on how I now live in a bauwagen and dumpster dive everything I need. The picture was taken by one of the newspaper photographers, I believe his name is Helmut Fricke, should my memory find itself in working order this morning. It is a HUGE picture of me sitting on my bed next to the big fancy pretty window with my computer.

Comment by clickclackgorilla 04.20.10 @ 12:54 pm

Oh and there is also a picture of somebody else’s wagon with the article, which I found a little bizarre, and which really annoyed the person whose wagon it is. Sigh.

Comment by clickclackgorilla 04.20.10 @ 12:55 pm

yeah, platzies can get really pissed off if newspapers print what you didn’t want them to. could you post a scan of the article? I am too lazyto dumpster dive paper containers for the FASZ. (crazy abbreviation this newspaper has btw..)

Comment by hey 04.21.10 @ 12:03 am

So, I now have a pdf of the article. I am not certain if it is actually legal to post it here. Until I find out, I can email it to anyone interested (when you comment here you can include an email address that only I will see and I could email it there, should you so desire).

Comment by clickclackgorilla 04.21.10 @ 12:50 pm